Saint Philip and Saint James - Milton
The small chapel of St. Philip and St. James is located on land given by Lord Norton around 1863. Further additions were completed with the establishment of the Parish of Milton in 1863.
Prior to this, Milton was included under Norton-in-the-Moors.
In 1865 the church and burial ground were consecrated. In 1868 the church was enlarged. Located on Baddeley Green Lane in Milton.
SURNAMES - forenames mentioned
- BOURNE - Arthur, Edith
- CHARLESWORTH - Thomas, Harriet
- FROST - Albert, Annie
- HOLDCROFT - John Thomas, Hannah Jane
- SHERRATT - George, Annie
- SHERRATT - Tom, Ada, Vera, John Wilfred, Elizabeth, May
- STONIER - John, Sarah
- WILLATT - Paul H., Annie, Clement John
- WILLATT - Henrietta
- WILLOTT - William, Jane, Samuel, Elizabeth
- WILLOTT - Ernest, Gertrude, James
- WILLOTT - E. (WWI)
- WILLOTT - William, Sarah Ann
- WILLOTT - Samuel, Louisa
- WILLOTT - Richard, May
- WILLOTT - Harry, Mary Ann
- WILLOTT - Amos, Beatrice
- WILLOTT - James (Jim)
- WILLOTT - Harold, Frances Hilda
Some monumental inscriptions for Milton can be found on the Wishful Thinking web site.
If you have corrections or would like to submit a photo to this collection please feel free to Contact Us. If you would like a larger, original copy of an individual photograph you are welcome to contact us. Provide exact details of photo.
All photographs are copyright to myself, while you may save/print for your personal records please DO NOT copy the photos or republish to another website.